This has been a year of big changes for me and though it has been tough at times, I’ve realised that I am moving forward with my life and ambitions.
I have heard a lot of people talking about how terrible their year has been and it’s easy to get stuck in a downward spiral if you just think of the negative. I prefer to start the year with a air of optimism wherever possible so I have written a list of my favourite positive points of 2013 and would urge you to do the same, it might make you feel a lot better.
1. I stopped working from a small desk in my bedroom and got my first solo studio for Eustratia.
2. I suspended my bed from trees for a photoshoot!
3. I was involved in quite a few fun and amazing fashion shows.
4. Eustratia became the main brand sold in a small boutique.
5. I went on holiday to Greece with my best friends.
6. I went to LFW with some amazing people.
7. Had my work published in my favourite magazine, Dark beauty.
8. Bought a house!
9. I set up a showroom and look forward to inviting people to my open-house events to view my items in person. The first one will hopefully be scheduled for the beginning of February!
10. Pretty much learned to drive and will hopefully be passing my test in the near future.
My positive list definitely made me feel better about this year and I hope yours does too.
I realised I haven’t done any shopping/wish list type posts for ages so I’ve put together a board with my top 10 affordable gift ideas (a lot of which are on my list too).
- 1. Round cushions, £6.99 Ebay
- 2. Chandelier, £38.00 ebay or BHS
- 3. Box frame, £4 Ikea
- 4. LED cherry blosson tree, £34.99 Ebay
- 5. White stag head, £50 ebay
- 6. White candelabra, £32.90 kandco.com
- 7. Waffle maker, £23.99 Ebay
- 8. Scatter lights, £5 Ikea
- 9. Note book, £4 Ikea
- 10. Oil burner, £4.95 Ebay