December was quite a hectic month for me, running your own business can be hard at the best of times, but when you have 3 times as many orders to get through, as well as your own Christmas shopping and preparations, things can get tough.
This was a day in early December when I managed to escape from the madness for lunch at the Alchemist and a walk around the Manchester Christmas markets with my mum and her cousins.
As I was getting ready to leave, I found myself wishing I had a new coat to amp up my outfit and was overjoyed to realise that it was just about cold enough to wear this wonderful faux fur coat from last year’s winter collection for Eustratia. I had been keeping it hidden away in a garment bag so as not to risk ruining it before I had finished shooting it.
I was originally going thinking it would dress my outfit up and make it look a touch more feminine. Looking back at the photos however, I realised that paired with the braids and chainmail jewellery, it probably makes me look more like a hollywood version of a Viking queen, which I consider a happy accident.
To achieve this makeup look, I used my recently purchased Morphe 35T palette and Gerard cosmetics liquid lipstick in “invasion”.
Sequin front jeans and cardigan: Topshop
Jewellery: Richard Ayres
A casual outfit I wore on a quick trip into Manchester to buy some materials for my orders and have lunch with my mum.
bag: H! By Henry Holland
Boots: Dr. Martens
This post has been in the works for a while. I tried to write it last month but wasn’t feeling inspired enough by fall trends to find enough items that I liked. This week however, all the talk of holidays and sales has speared e into action and I have actually discovered that I have a bit of a thing for marble print, apparently!
- Marble print sunglasses by Quay @topshop £24 in the sale! These are the perfect pair of statement sunglasses to shield the winter sun from your eyes.
- Hourglass Surreal light palette, £69 SpaceNK Yes, this is pricey but I loved last year’s version and I would use this all the time too.
- Spectrum “marbelous” 7 piece brush set, £24 in the Beautybay sale. Beautiful affordable brushes with great reviews.
- Spectrum marble print bag £16.99, spectrum (I had to update the link as it has sold out on beautybay).
- Embellished cold shoulder jumper £46, topshop
- Miista Uma shoes £129 but there are various black Friday discount codes available.
- Swell marble print water bottle, £25 urban outfitters This appears quite pricey for the size, but as someone who as carried a plastic bottle around in my handbag since I can remember, I think I would be glad to swap it for a non cancer-causing stainless steel version.
- Poison moon ring by Dixi, £32 but will be discounted by up to 50% throughout black Friday weekend.
I hope you find some things you love in the sales this year!
Having friends that double up as collaborators is definitely useful, especially when you can have impromptu photoshoots in-between glasses of prosecco and jumping in the hot tub!
A few weeks ago we went to a friend’s party in Cheshire and found a conveniently empty, moody field that was perfect for some blog pictures.
Images by Toria Brightside
Trousers and cardigan: H&M
Boots: Dr. Martens
Necklace: All Saints
Earrings: Richard Ayres
*None of these items are current stock
I’ve been applying for a few modelling jobs recently and realised I could do with some new head-shots so I decided to have a late-night play after my shoot was cancelled on Monday and take some new self-portraits.
Experimenting with new looks inspires my future projects and this is a really easy way to capture them.
For the first look I wanted to try something quite paired down, with natural-ish ( but still perfectly highlighted with hourglass ambient lighting powders) makeup and messy hair. I wanted to keep the colours neutral so I decided to do with this ivory and nude triangle latexlace bra from my most recent Eustratia collection and added a bit of an edge with some chainmail jewellery by Richard Ayres. When I shot these, I assumed they would require quite a lot of perfecting, but I was surprised to find they turned out just the way I wanted and this is probably the least edited image I’ve ever released.
I decided to stick with the bras from the latest collection so for the second look, I wore the blue lace bralette and paired it with the pony ear headpiece that I’ve needed a close-up picture of for a while. This is a slightly darker look and I decided to finish it off with a bit more contouring and my new metallic purple lipstick from lipstick queen.
For the final look, I wanted something a bit more flirty and feminine so I added some cat-eye liner and a coral liquid lipstick by hourglass, as well as a bit of mac glitter on the lid. I swept my hair over to one side and wore the latexlace Aurora bra, also from the new collection.
Please let me know which look is your favourite!