The recent rumors of a two week heat wave and general nice weather have started me thinking about a slightly more summery wardrobe update. Here are my top picks from the highstreet.
1. Zip front drop back dress £45, miss selfridge. This one is probably my favourite, I can think of places I could wear this.
2. crown vest £35, illustrated people at Topshop. You can never have enough vests and if the print is good, it’s a bonus!
3. Feather cape necklace £40, Topshop. I like a bit of tribal style for the summer, maybe it’s not quite hot enough for this yet but one can dream! I imagine wearing it to a beach party so I’ll probably have to wait till my holiday.
4. multistrap bra top £18, miss selfridge. Perfect for when it’s too hot for a real bra.
5. Stripe hotpants £35 Moto at Topshop. Practicals and pastel.
6. embroidered hem shorts £18, River island. Comfy and interesting, best summer shorts I’ve seen so far.
7. skull de jouy thoas dress £195, All Saints. Everyone needs an elegantly messy dress in their wardrobe.
8. Polkadot burnout crop £7, miss selfridge. Practical and interesting, at that price who can argue?
9.Lilac crepe midi skirt £34, miss selfridge. I love lilac but seldom find any clothes that I like in that colour so I probably have to have this.
10. Cross tights £8.50, Topshop. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to wear sheet tights in the evening!
11. sequin knicker £12, miss selfridge. I was imagining this being worn with the tights for a night out.
12. 90s shorts £28, motel at Topshop. I’m not sure if I would prefer these to be slightly lower waisted but I love the thick stripes.
13. Inverted cross plug, £10 for UK custom plugs. Very simple but I haven’t seem plugs like this before and they definitely work.
14. Underground triple-sole Wulfrun creepers. Not the most summery shoe but I’ve been looking for some casual platforms for ages and this I’m probably going to have to just give up and get these. I’ve never been a big fan of creepers, to be honest in most cases I find them ugly but these have exactly the right platform and I can probably customise the parts I don’t like :).