This post has been in the works for a while. I tried to write it last month but wasn’t feeling inspired enough by fall trends to find enough items that I liked. This week however, all the talk of holidays and sales has speared e into action and I have actually discovered that I have a bit of a thing for marble print, apparently!
- Marble print sunglasses by Quay @topshop £24 in the sale! These are the perfect pair of statement sunglasses to shield the winter sun from your eyes.
- Hourglass Surreal light palette, £69 SpaceNK Yes, this is pricey but I loved last year’s version and I would use this all the time too.
- Spectrum “marbelous” 7 piece brush set, £24 in the Beautybay sale. Beautiful affordable brushes with great reviews.
- Spectrum marble print bag £16.99, spectrum (I had to update the link as it has sold out on beautybay).
- Embellished cold shoulder jumper £46, topshop
- Miista Uma shoes £129 but there are various black Friday discount codes available.
- Swell marble print water bottle, £25 urban outfitters This appears quite pricey for the size, but as someone who as carried a plastic bottle around in my handbag since I can remember, I think I would be glad to swap it for a non cancer-causing stainless steel version.
- Poison moon ring by Dixi, £32 but will be discounted by up to 50% throughout black Friday weekend.
I hope you find some things you love in the sales this year!
Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate! It’s finally time to share the annual Eustratia winter photoshoot images.
We had a great team this time, working with Toria Brightside, who has been by my side throughout the creation of this latest collection and has a great understanding of the pieces and reuniting with Victoria who has been part of 4 previous collection shoots and has just returned to modelling after a break to start a family. The makeup was provided by Faye Aydin.
We shot this set in my house, I love shooting at home because we have the freedom to shoot for as long as we like and move everything around to fit the scene.
The new items will be added to the website in the next few days.
Leggings: Coco & Max
Necklace: Urban Outfitters
Rings: Elemental Luxury
Images by : Richard Ayres
My dad has adopted the Christmas jumper “thing” recently and insisted we all had to wear one on Christmas day. Luckily, I did manage to find the least disgusting one available and style it with some other amazing items I got around the same time.
Christmas day was pretty busy, as is to be expected, and I didn’t have time to take pictures so I re-wore the outfit at the end of a different shoot to show you.
The only pictures I took on the actual day are these:
I wore more jewellery on actual Christmas day as it’s tradition for me to wear everything that I get as a gift. More of this kind of thing on my instagram.
You can see how much bigger Odin looks in the image above compared to this one!
My wonderful intern, Lindsay also bought me an instax for Christmas, which has reinforced my need to document all events with an instant photo.
*In loving memory of my perfect puppy, Odin.*
As someone who orders a lot of things online, I often have packaging lying around the house. Today I was getting ready to throw out some polystyrene, when I had a brain wave.
I had seen this picture on pinterest a few weeks ago and wanted to create something similar for myself, however, I wasn’t sure what they used for the snow or what I had that would give a similar effect.
I decided to free some of the polystyrene balls and see if they created a snow-like effect.
It looked satisfactory so I decided to pick out some jars and fill them up.
Then I added a tea light carefully, as it had to be lit first (it might be worth buying some long matches for these).
I then did the same with two larger jars and tied bits of grosgrain ribbon and lace round them.
The look of the jars changes slightly depending on what you wrap them with so try to choose something that matches or complements your decor.
In my opinion, any Eustratia item would make a great gift. Each item is hand-crafted, with love and attention to detail and going out of your way to purchase something from an independent designer definitely shows you care more than just picking something up from your nearest superstore.
I understand however, that there are a fair few products on the website at the moment and it might be daunting for new customers to look through them all, so I have picked out a few items I feel would make particularly good Christmas presents.
Open shoulder top
Facing unicorns necklace
Stripey hair bow
“Ruby” gift set.
If you’d like even more ideas to aid your Christmas shopping, Eustratia intern Lindsay, has featured her own sale picks on her blog, Rose tinted glasses.