Brogues: Rock and Candy
Images by Richard Ayres
This week I’ve been thinking about LFW and what to wear, shoes (which I will expand on in tomorrow’s post), fedora hats (don’t ask me why), origami inspired details and roses (I’m making designing a new applique for my winter range).
My new armoire (which was featured in last week’s current obsessions) arrived this morning and I have been rearranging the show room to fit it in. I can’t wait for the open house day to see how it all works. There’s a pic on my instagram if you’d like to see!
I recently managed to get my studio looking pretty much the way I want it, only to find out that I have to move again soon. The only thing that makes it bearable is that I have most of the furniture and equipment I need now and the next move will probably be easier.
I have a few posts to catch up on and with my birthday coming up I thought I’d start with wishlist type boards. I’m pretty sure my homeware choices will come as quite a shock after my wardrobe picks but that’s the way I like it.
1. Black, cotton waterfall hem top £24, Dorothy perkins
2. Tigre t-shirt £40, All saints
3.filigree sunglasses £15, ASOS
4. roseport bike shorts £68, All saints
5. mesh skirt £34, rare at topshop
6. titanium druzy ring. $120 by liclabjewels on etsy
7. horse print skirt, £28 topshop
8. khaki lace shorts, £20 miss selfridge
9. Jeffrey campbell 8th street studded boots £160
10. stalagtite amethyst ring £22.89, product925 on ebay
11. studded leather satchel £210 Dr. Martens
12. druzy amethyst ring $27 xtremegems2010 on ebay.
2. vintage lamp £28 www.cqout.com
3. Belgravia mirror £37.99, ebay
4. hand painted cheat £23.99, dunelm-mill
5. rose cage lamp £29.99 dunelm-mill
6. hand painted small drawers £3.99, dunelm-mill
7. French style dressing table
8. Deer mugs £10.50 each or £35 for the set, lovelydeerhomeware on etsy
9. Deer dinner plate £19.50 lovelydeerhomeware on etsy.
Though I’m not American, I decided to jump on board with the black Friday sale thing. I thought celebrating the start of the winter holiday shopping season sounded like the right thing to do and hopefully lots of people will buy pretty latex presents for their loved ones.
The sale will last till midnight Saturday GMT. I’ve reduced 120 products on www.eustratia.co.uk, basically all the handmade ones. I did have an other flash sale recently but I thought it might be preferable for most people to do it over a weekend so they can browse in peace.
P.S. Today I’ve also been working on the new and improved Christmas hampers! I’ve decided on having set styles and colour schemes for them this year but here’s the ones from last year to give you an idea!
It has been a while since I last had time for a shopping post. I always save images of products I find interesting but at busy times I have to focus on orders. While I’m disappointed I didn’t get to post about some of my finds, however, I think this is a great time for a clothes post as everyone has updated their ranges for spring.
I have complied 3 boards of my favorite spring styles.
A. Tough girl
2. sleeveless stripe shirt £30 Topshop
3. leg harness £16.50 Topshop
4. Infragante leather bodice £120+VAT Bordelle
5. mesh panel leggings £22 Miss selfridge
6. skull jouy vest £35 All saints
7. Studded Lita boot, Jefferey Campbell
8. stud detail bralette £20 Topshop
9. leather biker jacket £165 by boutique at topshop. This isn’t the most amazing leather jacket but I’m struggling to find a nice one that will fit me for a reasonable price and at least this one would be easily customisable.
B. Mystical girl
1. bodycon dress £42 miss selfridge (I may have actually bought the last one of these as I had to go to a pretty obscure branch to find it).
2. lattice bra top £18 miss selfridge
3. vero moda lace biker jacket www.usc.co.uk
4. cross front longline cami £22 topshop
5. heelless platform by Jeffery Campbell, I’ve wanted a pair of these for so long!
6. silver cross stretch armcuff £9.37 miss selfridge
7. multi chain vest necklace £50 topshop
8. obsidian tomb ring $260 blood milk
9. sheer split maxi skirt £37 miss selfridge
10. reformed coquette tie die dress £30 urban outfitters
11. rune divination cuff $275 blood milk. I love rune jewellery and have had my rune rings from past times (which has now closed down) for about 10 years!
C. Pastel girl
2. printed sleeveless shirt with metal tipped collar £32 miss selfridge
3. pastel harness £18 asos
4. Mashmallow bust harness praline (yes that is actually what its called) about £104 www. misencage.com
5. lilac glitter belt £12 topshop
6. fleur cropped jumper £20 Topshop
7. illamasqua nail varnish £13.50
8. turquoise glitter plugs $13.98 hot topic
9. lilac leggings £18 topshop
10. side strap top £18 miss selfridge
11. pastel tie die tights £10 topshop
12. Spikey shoes, Jeffery Campbell
I have bought a few of these things and hope to have a bit more spare cash soon. Having to spend all my money on my business gets depressing some times but with a new casual range coming out soon I have high hopes for the future.