This year more than ever, I’m thinking about adding pieces to my wardrobe that will have longevity. Over the past few seasons, I’ve realised that I’m not really interested in trend pieces, unless they falls into the rare category of items that are staples in my wardrobe, but not most other peoples’ and need to be snapped up quickly, whenever the opportunity arises. I’m generally aiming to add pieces to my wardrobe that can be staples in my wardrobe but will also be interesting enough to be worn in seasons to come, without me getting bored of them. I realise this is a tall order, but I’ve managed to do this with a few items in my current wardrobe so I would like to find more like them and build a “capsule wardrobe” of go-to items.
I often struggle to find exactly what I’m looking for in stores but I have managed to compile a list of some of the types of items I’m interested in adding to my wardrobe this season.
- I have been thinking about investing in better quality knitwear this season and this grey mohair and wool blend jumper from “& other stories” seems like the perfect cosy item to wear both out and about and when working from home.
- In recent years, I’ve realised I don’t really like wearing heels for long periods of time, so I’m always on the lookout for cute but edgy flats that I can wear to go out in. Last year, I bought the perfect pair from E8 by Miista and I was overjoyed to see that they have brought out a similar type of style that I’m equally as in love with for this season! The Luna flats.
- Now that I wear less body jewellery, I have been thinking about adding some studs back into my jewellery collection. These sterling silver triangles from AbigailjewelleryAu on Easy are perfect and would go with everything.
- I have multiple ear piercings so something a bit tougher looking to pair with the triangles would be good and I found another great pair on Etsy, from Formood.
- It has been a couple of years since I added a new coat to my wardrobe and I’ve been looking out for the next addition. I think it would be good have something slightly oversized and boyish but also smart and flattering. I haven’t had a chance to try any on yet, but this tomboy coat from Zara, looks promising.
- Over the past few seasons, my taste has shifted towards smaller bags, I find that I no longer need to carry my whole life around with me and I would love a neat, smallish cross body bag. I have worn my H! by Henry Holland satchel bag to death so I though a similar style might be nice and I have found one from Anu Tera that looks perfect.
- I have also been looking into ethical knitwear, trying to find more conscientious brands to invest in. A lot of them don’t really suit my style but I have found the perfect grey polo neck from Siizu.