This August bank holiday, I mostly spent time with my family. On Sunday, I went out for brunch with my mum and her four cousins!
The weather was confusing, as it usually is in Manchester so I opted for a summery(ish) jumpsuit and shoes, teamed with some sunglasses and my favourite blazer. It was a good choice!
You May also notice I’ve had a hair colour change. I loved the silver but I had had it for about 7 years and it was time for a change. I’ve had black in past so I knew that it suited me (or so I believe) and decided it would be a good choice, as the lack of bleaching should also help the condition of my hair.
Tuxedo blazer: Karen Millen
Bag: H! by Henry Holland (similar)
Necklace: Richard Ayres
The majority of the items in this outfit cannot be linked as they are not current season but, I will link similar items wherever possible.
The summers don’t last long enough in Manchester so I prefer to buy clothes that are a bit more versatile and can be carried forward from season to season. I love these items because with a few adjustments, they can be worn almost all year round.
We went to the Laundrette, a relatively new bar in Manchester, that was hosting an Ibiza style brunch, complete with sand and inflatables! There was a live saxophone player and a lady giving glitter makeovers. We enjoyed a selection garlic bread, burgers, haloumi flatbread and American style pancakes, washed down with prosecco and cocktails!
I hope you enjoyed your bank holiday weekend, whatever you got up to! Let me know in the comments!
I’ve started to change up my wardrobe a bit for summer and decided to feature some of the items I’ve had my eye on.
1.Gaby Mercury Half Metal Rim Sunglasses from House of Fraser. Half metal frame sunglasses with smoky gradient lenses, UV protection and only £15!
2. Oversized dress £39.99 by H&M. At first glance, this doesn’t seem like an overly flattering item but I think it could be a useful and versatile piece. its dramatic silhouette could really benefit from some accessories.
3. Natalie Shau “Teardrop” sweatshirt 54.95$ from Live heroes, with I think worked out around £35. I don’t normally go for such obvious prints but I loved the fact that she had recreated the look from the Givenchy AW 15/16 show, in her own signature style. The only downside to buying of this site (which is not the artist’s own) is that the item took around 8 weeks to arrive. I’m not sure if this is always the case but it was for me.
4. Ruby lace applique bralette $122 and thong $77 by For love and lemons. I love wearing sheer shirts and dresses in the summer and detailed bralettes are perfect for wearing underneath them. I love this set because the bottoms also look comfortable and interesting without being too fussy.
5. Andromeda V-neck £158 by Demobaza. I’ve known about this site for a while but never actually bought anything before. I wanted to try out a basic item first to see what I thought of the quality, before investing in a more elaborate piece.
6. Ash Absolute black £159 from Daniel footwear. I love wedge trainers all year round but I wanted to get a new pair for summer as my nike’s are a bit warm. These look perfect as they combine durable leather with breathable mesh and also have a white sole, which makes them look a bit more summery to me.
If you’re thinking that these don’t look all that summery, it’s because it isn’t quite sandals and short shorts weather here in the UK yet. but I’m hoping to do a midsummer wishlist next month with some holiday style stuff.
Let me know if you’re thinking of purchasing any of these items, I’d love to know what you think of them!
Yesterday I went into town with my mum to choose a new fashion book for my collection.
I wanted something that actually had the potential to inspire me, as well as featuring beautiful imagery. We looked through a variety of book at both Magma and Waterstones and I ended up choosing the Alexander McQueen book that accompanied the V&A exhibition, edited by their senior curator, Claire Wilcox.
On the way back to the car, we spotted a nice, white corredor, ideal for taking outfit pictures in.
Images by Janet Ratchford
Jacket: Christopher Kane for TOPSHOP (no longer available)
Cardigan: H&M (similar)
Shirt-dress H&M (sold out)
Biker leggings H&M
Bag: Givenchy pumpkin bag
The book I chose
What I used:
1. Spike earrings H&M (gift)
2. Opal plug, ebay
3. Shattered quartz plug £5.99 urbanpiercingshop
4. Floral scale pendant by Richard Ayres
5. Scale bracelet by Richard Ayres
I tried out this summery look in preparation for my holiday. Most of the accessories featured are new and I’m really pleased with them.
1. mini box bag £12.99 H&M
2. Mini hair flower H&M
3. Ring £2.50 Primark
4. Pentagram earring $20.00 thechainsoflove.bigcartel.com
5. Evil eye bracelet gift from Greece.