A while ago I got asked to collaborate on an interesting project for a friends assignment. She wanted to do a roll reversal inspired by fox hunting and depict the foxes in beautiful gowns, prancing around their extravagantly decorated home.
She also wanted to involve latex fashion so I decided to give latex masks a try for the foxes. I haven’t made a mask before (except maybe when I was a young child) so it was a welcome challenge.
Here’s how they turned out:
We also enlisted the help of Toria Brightside photography for the final images.
The location was great and provided appropriate settings for all the shots we could have wanted.
We had a couple of options for the dresses but decided to go with the two latex gowns from the Opulence collection, available to buy here, and here.
Concept: Helen Storey
Images: Toria Brightside
Models: Sapphire Black & Biomechanina
My label, Eustratia has now officially been trading for a year so I’m going a little giveaway to celebrate!
I’m thankful for all the support I’ve had throughout the last year from friends and people who enjoy my work. I hope by label will continue to grow and give me the opportunity to make more of my ideas come to life.
I thought it would be fitting that the prize be items from Eustratia so I have included a selection of accessories worth just over £100.
- Black and white striped hair bow (medium)
- black pussy bow neck tie
- 3-piece Perspex set. Short antler trophy necklace (used in the aesthetic contradiction logo), long arctic fox necklace and moth pin.
- standard fingerless gloves
- bow cuff
- striped folded flower
- The winner will also receive a discount code granting them 20% off their next order from Eustratia.
I tried to pick a popular colour combo but there may be replacements available for the bow cuff and flower if any other colours we have in stock would suit you better.
How to enter:
- Like the following facebook pages: Eustratia and Biomechanina
- Follow this blog
- Follow me on twitter
- Comment on this post using the form below.
- facebook name
- twitter name
- link to any extra credit
Extra credit: (for extra entry numbers)
- posting about Eustratia’s new collection, products or this giveaway on your own blog (2)
- posting on facebook (1)
- posting/rebloging on tumblr (1)
The winner will be announced in a week (16th Feb). There is a maximum of 5 entries per person. The first 4 steps are compulsory in order to be entered into the draw (anyone who doesn’t use twitter can follow me on tumblr instead).