I haven’t done one of these for ages! I knew this would happen at some point but I’m going to try and catch up by posting a few old ones as well.
What I used:
1. Rubber coin purse £6 Arcanum Accessories
2. Silicone plug about £3.50 from just about anywhere.
3. Cross plug, £6 sick plugs
4. Feather necklace £15 Richard Ayres
These are some of my favourite every-day things. I wear this feather necklace all the time but for some reason it’s just hard to get a good picture of!
Though I’m not American, I decided to jump on board with the black Friday sale thing. I thought celebrating the start of the winter holiday shopping season sounded like the right thing to do and hopefully lots of people will buy pretty latex presents for their loved ones.
The sale will last till midnight Saturday GMT. I’ve reduced 120 products on www.eustratia.co.uk, basically all the handmade ones. I did have an other flash sale recently but I thought it might be preferable for most people to do it over a weekend so they can browse in peace.
P.S. Today I’ve also been working on the new and improved Christmas hampers! I’ve decided on having set styles and colour schemes for them this year but here’s the ones from last year to give you an idea!
This is an other look where the hair plays an important part. I realised I hadn’t posted an accessory moment with my new extensions yet so I used slightly less accessories than usual for this look. I think it’s a good example to show that less is more sometimes and you should just go with what works for your look.
What I used:
1. Layered spike necklace £5, Primark (occasionally this store surprises me)
2. Pheasant claw earrings, Sophie Adamson
3. Deer skull necklace, Eustratia
Bird claw earring.
For those who wanted to know, my septum ring is from bodyjewellershop.com I also get asked about this hair style a lot. The hair extensions I bought were lightest blonde, 22inches. I died them with a selection of Direction colours (lavender, lilac and turquoise) that I painted on and mixed into each other.You should try and get a blonde that matches the colour your hair goes when bleached, this will help the dyed extensions match your hair colour.
I left the hair dye on the extensions a lot longer than I do on my hair. Then rinsed and dried as usual.
The waves were created using a Babyliss Wave envy hair styler. I would suggest having a look on ebay for one of these as they are often cheaper.
This look revolves mostly around the bun hair. It’s not a style that I wear out very often so I wanted to see if I could make it look a bit more special.
What I used:
1. leather cuff (used as hair tie) £5 -NO:WEAR camden
2. Clock part necklace -ALL SAINTS (not current season)
3. Studded cross hair clip £18 -Eustratia (www.eustratia.co.uk)
4. Spikey bracelet £18 -River Island (not current season)
5. Bird cage ring £12 -TOPSHOP
6. spike earrings £6.50 –ebay
I think putting the leather cuff around the bun really made a difference and gave it an edge.
I get asked about this one a lot. It’s a little pierced cherub creature (wings on back) was a gift a friend brought back for me from Tokyo. I made it into a long necklace because I think it brings a bit of fun to my outfits. I haven’t seen anything like it in the UK and most people react quite strangely to it.
And finally the full outfit.
I know I’m way overdue with this so I’m going to try and post a second accessory moment at some point this week. I haven’t totally mastered fitting my blogging schedule around my other deadlines yet but I think I’m getting better.
Last weeks accessories were all about the spikes. I needed them to toughen up my otherwise girly and “safe” outfit.
1. Spike headband. I’m sure you’ve seen these all over the place by now but I decided I kind of wanted one so I DIYed it, It was very easy. I used a strip of leather but you could use whatever you want really, I just made some holes along it and stuck some spikes in. Then I bought a plastic hair band from my local fabric store and super glued the leather around it.
2. I’ve been getting really into statement earrings at the moment. Haven’t ever really worn hoops before but I love these spiked ones. I’m sure I could find some quirky boutique that sells similar for £30 but these are just off ebay for £6. The same shop also had some other nice ones which I had to buy while I was finding the link for you guys.
3. Chrome stretchy spike bracelet. This was bought for me a gift and is from NO:WEAR in Camden market but I’ve also seen them around online. I have a black variant which I wear more often but this one is also fun sometimes.
I’ve just noticed that the earrings look like they shine different colours in the light!
I also changed some of my body jewellery this week and found that Body jewellery shop is a great site to get blackline and internally threaded stuff.