This has been a year of big changes for me and though it has been tough at times, I’ve realised that I am moving forward with my life and ambitions.
I have heard a lot of people talking about how terrible their year has been and it’s easy to get stuck in a downward spiral if you just think of the negative. I prefer to start the year with a air of optimism wherever possible so I have written a list of my favourite positive points of 2013 and would urge you to do the same, it might make you feel a lot better.
1. I stopped working from a small desk in my bedroom and got my first solo studio for Eustratia.
2. I suspended my bed from trees for a photoshoot!
3. I was involved in quite a few fun and amazing fashion shows.
4. Eustratia became the main brand sold in a small boutique.
5. I went on holiday to Greece with my best friends.
6. I went to LFW with some amazing people.
7. Had my work published in my favourite magazine, Dark beauty.
8. Bought a house!
9. I set up a showroom and look forward to inviting people to my open-house events to view my items in person. The first one will hopefully be scheduled for the beginning of February!
10. Pretty much learned to drive and will hopefully be passing my test in the near future.
My positive list definitely made me feel better about this year and I hope yours does too.
Though 2011 hasn’t been a particularly great year for me, I feel the last day of the year calls for a recap to say goodbye and welcome the new year. It will also give me something to compare new years achievements to.
So this year I have:
- Launched my own label.
- Moved on from just latex to having my own jewellery line and starting production of some fabric garments.
- Attended various trade shows and fairs, including clothes show live.
- Had modelling work published in a book, 4 magazines and two calenders.
- Had design work published in 6 magazines.
- Walked in 8 fashion shows for various designers.
- Had my designs feature in 3 fashion shows.
- Explored my CAD design skills to the point where I feel comfortable producing work for others.
Inspirational images 2011
I wanted to add more to this post and might get the chance to at a later date.